Furniture plays a key role in interior design along with finishing, including the design of the floor, walls and ceiling. It should be noted that the trends in appearance, colors and textures of furnishings do not change much from year to year, except that designers make only a few changes. However, it is the details that can affect the whole picture, transforming any piece of furniture in the most beneficial way. A thorough analysis of the 2024 trends will help you keep up to date with the latest trends and perhaps rethink your views on trendy furniture.
As a starting point, we would like to draw your attention to the main concepts of the 2024 furniture trends:
- environmental friendliness;
- naturalness and natural materials;
- neutral colors;
- eclectic combinations.
Let’s take a look at the top 5 furniture design trends for 2024, including the hottest colors, materials and silhouettes – we hope you find these trends inspiring.
Top 5 furniture trends for 2024
- 1 Top 5 furniture trends for 2024
- 2 Furniture color trends 2024
- 3 Furniture material trends 2024
- 4 Upholstery fabric trends for furniture in 2024
- 5 Trends in outdoor furniture 2024
- 6 Bedroom furniture 2024
- 7 Living room furniture 2024
- 8 Dining room furniture 2024
- 9 Trends in kitchen furniture 2024
- 10 Bathroom furniture 2024
- 11 Modern Furniture 2024: Key Recommendations
Environmental issues and the pandemic have affected our outlook in all walks of life, including interior design. Today, when we are in closed spaces much more often than on the street, we especially want to surround ourselves with solutions that would remind us of being close to nature. It is this desire that has become part of most of the concepts on the basis of which the furniture trends 2024 were developed. Interested? Well, it’s time to talk about them in more detail.
More and more popular are environmentally friendly materials for furniture, designed for a long service life and do not harm the environment. These materials include certain types of wood, which, among other things, serve as an excellent alternative to the more sought-after wood and materials from them.
In addition, environmentally friendly furniture looks very attractive and natural and reminds of closeness to nature, refreshing any interior and emphasizing the harmony of any style – from loft, neoclassical and minimalism to chalet and scandi.
Functional use of space
The self-isolation regime has prompted many of us to equip workplaces at home, which emphasized the need for functional use of space. Thus, the need for a symbiosis of living and working space has influenced trends in interior design and has led to the development of certain solutions. For example, this year the need for multifunctional furniture is more acute than ever, but manufacturers are quite keeping up with demand.
So, for example, you can choose dining tables that can also be used as workplaces, or stylish sideboards for storing books or placing a laptop for online work.
Separate kitchens, dining rooms and living rooms are no longer so popular. Experts suggest giving preference to combined solutions for a more functional use of space. A rational approach implies the selection of furniture for a united, even zoned space, its style compatibility and competent placement.
It is worth noting that multifunctionality also takes place here. Do not forget that the competent design of the space is important both for aesthetics and for your personal comfort.
The trends of 2024 include a kind of mix of different concepts, combining old and new values, details and solutions. In this regard, the ideal option would be a combination of art deco, Scandinavian and minimalist styles to create a modern and at the same time extraordinary and elegant design.
It may sound intriguing and even strange, but the correct arrangement of furniture made in the styles mentioned above will provide the necessary interior balance and enrich the interior with new shades, lines and textures.
Marble has always been popular and this year is no exception. The texture of this amazing stone (or at least its imitation) brings luxury to any space. If earlier it was most often used in the kitchen or in the bathroom, now marble is also used for various types of furniture. Today, products with stone or stone-like elements or upholstery with such a pattern are no longer a rarity.
Among other things, marble can be perfectly combined with wood for a classic interior and with other modern materials for a modern setting and stylish environment. Whether it is a piece of furniture made entirely of marble or even decorated with similar elements, your room will immediately look much more elegant.
Furniture color trends 2024
Regarding this aspect, we would like to refer to the best colors proposed by paint companies for 2024. According to representatives of the British brand Farrow & Ball, the current palette contains bright and calm tones for a balanced atmosphere. Let’s find out which shades are worthy of your attention.
- Mustard. This positive shade will bring an optimistic mood to your room, enriching the decor with bold accents.
- White. This soft, soft and slightly muted shades of white will give you comfort and fit perfectly into any traditional or modern environment.
- Green. A soft shade of green with deep and rich notes can add life and vibrancy while creating a soothing environment.
- Stone blue. A touch of this soft shade of blue on your furniture will liven up the space and complement the contemporary style perfectly.
- Incarnadin. This beautiful and rich shade of dark red embodies the current chic and nobility.
Furniture material trends 2024
Furniture trends in 2024 call for the use of as many natural materials as possible. That is why we recommend that you pay attention to the environment, which is used to create:
- natural solid wood – including with an open texture;
- stone – for restraint and balance;
- leather – for more luxury;
- bamboo – for the pleasure of the beauty of natural textures;
- rattan – for exotic and boho details.
Consider eclectic combinations of two or more of the materials mentioned above for truly exclusive combinations. In addition, do not forget about such relevant materials as glass and metal – if the first allows you to play with space, visually increasing it, then the second will demonstrate all the variety of accents. We invite you to opt for this season’s fashionable metal details, especially brass and gold, to emphasize the effortless sophistication of your furniture.
Upholstery fabric trends for furniture in 2024
The trends in textile production in 2024 also boast sustainable development. In this case, we suggest that you consider the origin of the upholstery material and the environmental friendliness of the production process. That is why you should pay attention to the most fashionable fabric options:
- from recycled materials;
- organic materials (cotton, burlap, etc.);
- vegan materials.
As you have probably noticed, more and more sustainable alternatives bring us closer to nature and significantly reduce the negative impact on the environment. Thus, eco-trends indicate that we must take care of nature, which is one of the main sources of inspiration for both life in general and modern interior design in particular.
Trends in outdoor furniture 2024
The time we’ve spent indoors over the past couple of years has made us re-evaluate the importance of outdoor space. Such views have shaped certain trends regarding outdoor furniture. Here are some of the key trends to keep in mind in 2024:
- Eco – friendly materials. Since this aspect has become an integral part of almost every industry, the garden furniture industry has also adopted it. That is why designers and manufacturers suggest thinking about sustainable materials and appropriate furniture design. In addition, manufacturers have begun to create products with simple silhouettes or larger pieces of furniture made from recycled plastic collected from the bottom of the seas and oceans.
- Colors and materials inspired by nature. Green, cream, beige, olive green and even neutral gray are especially popular. Think about the combination of these colors and you will create a harmonious look for your veranda, terrace or patio. In terms of materials, choose bamboo, rattan, wood for comfort and more naturalness.
- Rattan as the main material. Combine flexibility and comfort with wicker furniture. Although this material dates back to ancient times, its practicality and elegance have made it a leader in contemporary interior design.
Bedroom furniture 2024
The bedroom is an oasis of comfort and tranquility. That is why any piece of furniture must comply with the principles of peace and harmony. It should be noted that the entire interior of the bedroom can be updated with the latest furniture trends. Let’s take a closer look at all the fashion solutions – perhaps you will discover something inspiring.
- Canopy bed frame for dramatic effect. Such a simple technique will help to make the interior more expressive and extraordinary. It should be noted that this option will perfectly fit into the modern style and provide light access to the sleeping place.
- Rattan for more naturalness. This material was especially popular in the 90s and is now back on the fashion trends list to give your bedroom a stylish and casual look with ethnic elements.
- Vintage partition for privacy. This is ideal if you want to divide the bedroom into separate zones. Consider natural materials and vintage designs for a statement piece.
- Headboard as a landmark. Consider a high, voluminous headboard in bold colors to enrich the setting with a catchy accent. Particularly popular are materials inspired by nature, as well as rich textured fabrics, primarily leather, velor and velvet.
Living room furniture 2024
The trends reflecting the fashion solutions for living room furniture in 2024 are based on aspects such as comfort, naturalness and style. That is why you should look at the following ideas:
- Comfortable sofas. Emphasize comfort and subordinate your interior to it to create a fashionable look and provide a cozy atmosphere.
- Add geometry. Geometric shapes should not be avoided in 2024 as they are one of the major trends in interior design. Consider clean, symmetrical shapes and impeccably clean lines for a dynamic setting.
- Soft pink for more sophistication. Although this color is not in principle included in the trends of 2024, experts suggest experimenting by applying it to upholstery or other details. This technique will add freshness and ease to the interior of the living room.
- Metal details for expressive contrasts. Consider materials such as steel, chrome and brass for fittings and furniture décor for an elegant setting.
Dining room furniture 2024
Starting a conversation about dining room furniture, we once again refer to environmental friendliness, which is also relevant for the environment in the dining area. The following trends can be sources of inspiration for you:
- Eco – friendly materials. Give preference to wood, bamboo and rattan. Their advantages are obvious – amazing naturalness, freshness, safety and incredible aesthetics of textures.
- White furniture on a white background. Choose white as the base color for your dining room, and primarily for furniture, to visually enlarge the space. You can also add bright accents if you so desire: the ability to combine white with any color seems even more tempting.
- Everything ingenious is simple. Since minimalism is unlikely to lose relevance in the near future, experts suggest decorating the dining area in this style, choosing simple, laconic lines and neutral colors.
Trends in kitchen furniture 2024
We can hardly make a discovery for you if we say that the combination of beauty and functionality is the key to kitchen furniture. The following trends will fully help to realize this aspect:
- Natural materials. Choose marble and wood for the base of the furniture, as these materials will remain in trend for a long time to come. In addition, they will fit into any style and enchant with a variety of textures.
- Impeccable brevity. Opt for handleless cabinets to make practical use of the space and create a truly modern design. The push-to-open system in this case will be an important find for you.
- Functionality as the basis of an ideal interior. Thoughtful use of space in the kitchen is always paramount. Consider an extra tier of cabinets to store rarely used utensils and appliances. In addition, this arrangement will provide a more balanced look for the kitchen set.
- Matte finish for a luxurious accent. Matte textures are recognized as more aesthetic and stylish compared to glossy ones. Today, brilliance has given way to calmness and restraint, and if such aesthetics is closer to you, feel free to implement your ideas.
Bathroom furniture 2024
Bathrooms in most cases do not have a large area, which implies a practical use of space. However, it should still be noted that the need for ergonomics can also be attributed to large bathrooms, since the additional feeling of freedom does not spoil the picture. Here are the latest bathroom trends for 2024 to make the most of space:
- Compact bathtubs. Consider small additional bathtubs or shower areas for both small and large spaces to provide even more functionality. Such an ergonomic organization of space will make the interior truly stylish and modern.
- Free standing cabinets. Choose custom storage systems for greater ergonomics. Also, consider a push-to-open system. Thanks to this option of opening cabinets, you can not think about fittings, and furniture without it looks concise and modern.
- Large mirrors. We suggest that you opt for large rectangular mirrors as they remain on the list of fashion trends for 2024. In addition, their clear geometry visually expands and balances the surrounding space.
Modern Furniture 2024: Key Recommendations
In conclusion, we would like to emphasize that the latest furniture trends do not involve radical changes, but rather small variations, more for renewal than for drastic changes. In any case, the following tips will help you to be aware of fashion trends and create a harmonious interior:
- Renovate your furniture – both structurally and in terms of upholstery. Thrift is one of the key eco-trends, and you can create your dream furniture without spending too much.
- Try vintage furniture. You can try to achieve the desired effect yourself or leave everything at the mercy of professionals.
- Experiment with decor and fabrics. Sometimes just one unusual detail helps to make the interior exclusive.
And lastly, be sure to use accessories. Throw pillows, throws and chair seats will allow you to change the look of your furniture much more often.