10 Best Colors For Cozy Living Room
Which color is the better choice for the cozy living room? It is not easy to get suitable color suggestions because everyone has different ideas about the ideal wall color.
The cozy living room: living out is allowed
Many people are afraid of their own favorite color. Perhaps you dare to wear it as a T-shirt or as a small detail in your home. But paint the living room with it? Those who like cozy rooms rarely dare to bring bright colors to the walls or even their favorite color if it is very bright. “What should visitors think?” It doesn’t matter what they think, because after all they don’t live here!
Everyone who renovates is therefore advised to let it go and choose the colors that they like themselves. It doesn’t matter whether it is a reserved wall color or a trendy color that immediately catches the eye. It is more a matter of skillfully combining the colors and thus creating the cozy living room that has been dreamed of. But choosing the right color for the living room still seems to be a real problem.
The living room walls play an equally important role in terms of cosiness and therefore the design of the walls must not be forgotten. (# 01)
Life hack: make the living room cozy
In a cozy living room, the wall color and the interior furnishings or decor should be ideally coordinated. In order to be able to easily put decorative elements in scene, we also have two life hacks ready.
Hack # 1: use magnetic claws
Family photos are often found on the walls, especially in the living room of a house. Because you don’t want to drill holes in your freshly painted wall or drive nails into the wall, you can fall back on the practical Fischer magnetic claw:
Hack # 2: Use the Image Claw
Another handy hack would be to hang it with a picture claw:
Set up cozy living rooms with colors depending on the type
When it comes to cozy living rooms, furniture is all too common. It’s about sofas and armchairs, the side table and the sideboard. And the living room colors? The living room walls play an equally important role in terms of cosiness and therefore the design of the walls must not be forgotten. Before starting the furnishing, the question arises as to which colors are possible for the walls.
The fact that the wall design is a matter of type must stand above all considerations. There is space here for the personal preferences of the residents of the house. After all, it comes down to feeling good about yourself and not whether guests can feel at home. If you like cozy living rooms, you should avoid cold colors, even if they are currently being traded as a trend color.
White and beige are neutral colors and are great for painting the walls of a cozy living room. (# 02)
The following colors are the ideal choice for the cozy living room:
- White and beige are neutral colors and are great for painting the walls. They have the advantage that they make the room appear bright and are therefore also very suitable for small living rooms. In addition, these two tones can be combined well and go very well with other color nuances in both wall colors and furniture.
- Orange makes the cozy living room look young and trendy. However, the color can quickly become intrusive, so it’s better to use it on just one wall. When painting, everyone can let their creativity run free and, for example, achieve transitions between yellow and orange or beige and orange. If only one wall is painted in this tone, the other living room colors can be wonderfully coordinated with it. For the furniture and thus for the cozy living room, different shades of brown are particularly suitable as “grounding”
- Gray is also considered a neutral color, but it is wonderfully versatile. This color adapts to other colors and can serve all styles from cool industrial chic to country house style. All living room colors can be combined with gray and the cozy style will always come out with an elegant touch. When furnishing, many different materials can be combined to gray, such as untreated wood, linen and cotton for the Scandinavian style.
- Blue is a cold color and at first glance contrasts with the cozy living room. But there are colors that can be combined with blue and give this tone a very special touch. Yellow is such a color, even a delicate rose can be painted wonderfully into a deep blue. The living room walls become absolute eye-catchers and look modern and classic at the same time. But since blue dominates strongly, the color of the furniture should be rather reserved.
- Red is considered exciting and charming; such a stimulating color does not seem to be very suitable in the living room. But far from it, at least if the occupant of the room is more active. Maybe parties should also take place here and the cozy living room will be declared a party zone? Such a wall color must be combined with beige or white or with rosé so that it is softened a little. It also depends on the nuance. A too bright red looks intrusive and aggressive. A rich shade of red, on the other hand, allows the room to come into its own.
- Brown colors are the classic example of perfect living rooms in which cozy evenings take place. Brown is an earth tone, goes well with almost all colors and reduces them to a tolerable level. If brown is combined with yellow or gray, the result is a classic color choice that looks dignified and elegant. Together with orange, the living room gets a youthful style that still looks grounded. Brown can also be used in various shades in the living room, creative transitions are possible when painting. If there is natural stone in this living room, Braun lets it come into its own more effectively and emphasizes the naturalness of the entire room.
- A dark purple can be very intrusive, so using this wall paint is recommended rather than lilac. In this shade, however, purple can wonderfully embellish a room. He looks young and delicate, fashionable and elegant, classic and bold. Simply everything at the same time! Lilac becomes very noble when the color is combined with silver or a light gray. Those who love the vintage style can place some pieces of furniture with a certain patina in front of the lilac-colored wall. They come into their own much better and will look like they don’t belong anywhere else.
- A delicate rosé is a bit on the same level as lilac. This shade is no longer the first choice for a girl’s room. Rosé can be wonderfully combined with other colors and creates cozy rooms. Rosé is certainly changeable and adaptable and harmonizes just as well with red as with blue, with yellow or with green. It is only important that the second wall color is chosen rather strong. Two such pastel tones together quickly look pale and boring.
- Green is supposed to give hope, stands for luck and optimism. So why shouldn’t green fit into the cozy living room? This color shade proves to be changeable and can decorate a single wall in the living room in strong color gradations or be combined in a light shade to another color. The entire room looks lighter when it is painted a soft green, so this tone is wonderfully suitable for small and rather dark rooms. Together with good lighting, a small oasis of well-being for the whole family is created.
- Yellow is a sunny color that makes every room shine. In addition, yellow can be beautifully combined with other wall colors, goes well with natural stone as well as with a wall that is only roughly plastered. Yellow softens other colors and has an activating effect. Yellow shares this characteristic with orange, but is much more reserved and subtle, and at the same time easier to combine. Yellow goes well with the classic furnishing style as well as the Mediterranean style, allows other materials to come into their own and can make a room look both noble and stylish.
Cozy living rooms do not have high demands and do not need a sophisticated color scheme. What you need, however, are colors that harmonize with one another and correspond to the type of person who should feel comfortable here. If you do not rely on wallpaper and have to decide on a color, you are well advised to paint the walls. Because if it turns out that the choice of color was not the right one and that it turned out to be too daring, the wall can simply be painted over again. Sometimes even color tones come out that achieve an unexpected beauty, because the first color cannot always be completely painted over.
In any case, it is important that a dark room is designed with light colors. Here, the personal preference for dark blue or dark brown should be put aside, because the feeling of living in a kind of cave should arise relatively quickly. Light colors that make the wall glow are better here. In the best case scenario, the living room is equipped with well-dosed lighting, which may even be dimmable, giving the impression of a much larger room.
If you can design a large room, you will achieve a cozy living room with the right wall design and a coordinated facility. The color choice can be made freely, because large rooms can also handle dark colors. These are ideally limited to one wall or a maximum of two walls so that the wall colors do not look overwhelming.
Photo credits: © Shutterstock cover picture: _Breadmaker – # 01: ShortPhotos – # 02: archideaphoto – # 03: _ Antoha713 – # 04: _Interior Design – # 05: _Interior Design – # 06: PlusONE – # 07: Santiago Cornejo _- # 08: Eviled – # 09: _sedat seven # 10: Interior Design – # 11: Zastolskiy Victor