Energy, aura, mood, comfort, inspiration – all this is determined by the colors and shades around us. Year after year, designers and decorators develop new interior palettes that can create a wide variety of atmospheres – from calmness and serenity to an insane surge of vitality. And for those who are not averse to seeing their home in different colors, it’s time to get ready: the interior color schemes for 2023 have already been determined. It remains only to determine what is closer to you – naturalness untouched by excessive brightness or royal depth and saturation.
Top 6 interior color trends of 2023
For several years now, the Swedish company Behr, a world-renowned manufacturer of exterior and interior paints, has been the undisputed trendsetter that determines the current colors in interior design. For 2023, the brand’s designers have developed a palette with an emphasis on home space as the safest and most comfortable environment possible. Given the difficult situation with the coronavirus, they offer a new vision of the home – not a transit point between two busy days, but a place where you can work productively, fully relax and enjoy life.
This time, Behr colorists offered twenty-one shades in several color themes, in each of which you can easily find what you need – both relaxation and inspiration, and the feeling of serenity that we need so much today.
Light and warm neutrals captivate with their friendliness and envelop them with hospitality and pure comfort. Designers recommend using such tones in the design of entrances, kitchens and open living spaces, and the theme offers a rich beige, mocha, almond, dusty beige and a shade of dried ceramics as the absolute favorites.
Subtle, translucent tones create an atmosphere of unshakable mental well-being. In such an environment, you can feel completely safe and detach yourself from any problems, worries and difficulties. Deep chocolate brown, pale almond, light terracotta and matte golden help to solve a similar problem. However, if desired, you can also add pastel greens and blues.
If in 2020 you lacked brightness a little, the next year will certainly put everything in its place. Cheerful colors are especially great in nurseries, kitchens, and in general wherever you want to create your place of power and regularly nourish yourself with energy. Pay attention to saffron, purple, vivid blue and terracotta – thanks to them, you can easily achieve the interior that you need so much.
For those who prefer a cool and mysterious palette of overly friendly neutrality, Behr offers an amazing symphony of watercolors and rich blues and greens, creating a light and relaxing atmosphere that allows you to rest and put your thoughts in order. According to the designers, such a function should be taken on by the gray-green tone “jojoba”, smoky white, delicate floral blue and denim, as well as green with deep pearl tones and the delightfully bright tone of the Caribbean wave.
Despite the dominance of light and neutral solutions, Behr proposes to pay attention to rich expressive colors. Care in such a palette allows you to achieve the amazing effect of a peaceful oasis in the midst of crazy everyday life – a place where hardly anything can disturb your peace of mind. All that is needed for this is deep gray-green, glossy dark gray, dark “midnight” blue and noble brown.
Talking about the current colors for 2023, one cannot fail to mention alternative opinions. So, American designers offer their vision of fashionable interior palettes for the next year:
- Return to nature. It is expected that shades of earth, clay and dust, sea waves and meadow greens will be able to restore our inner peace after the chaos we witnessed in 2020.
- More brightness. More and more designers insist on a return to the fashionable palette of rich and attractive shades. Red, ultraviolet and cobalt have already appeared on the list of the first. However, you shouldn’t forget about gold either.
- Colors are precious. Another unconventional move in 2023 is the colors of precious stones, which American designers consider to be almost the most perfect. Emerald, sapphire, ruby red, smoky topaz will let your imagination run wild.
- A little more sun. Those who do not mind creating a truly positive atmosphere in their home will have a very pleasant year. Ocher, mustard, sunny yellow, soft yellow, golden – all their favorite colors are presented in one fashionable palette.
You can’t go wrong if you choose any shade from the 2023 Behr palette to paint the walls – especially since finding it on the web is easy. However, if you want something special and trendy, it makes sense to pay attention to the top 5 current solutions.
- Quiet Wave. This unique green shade symbolizes the serenity of nature with a slight nod to technology. You can see everything in this color – and a cloudy afternoon in a grove, and the calmness of sea water after a storm, and sunrises over a park in a metropolis.
- AI Aqua. The color, whose name can be translated as “intellectual blue”, skillfully combines severity and serenity, the beauty of water overflows and the alluring mystery of the ocean surface. It is this shade of blue that is especially good for those who perceive their home as their own fortress.
- Good Gray. The laconic and discreet shade of gray continues the minimalist traditions of last season and at the same time is neutral enough to use any bright colors and contrasting color combinations against its background. If the windows of your house face the sunny side, and you gravitate towards coolness, you should discard any doubts.
- Oxy Fire. Active, effective, with well-visible purple tones, this shade has replaced the classic red and orange. Designers suggest not to be intimidated by its excessive brightness: furniture and accessories in fashionable neutral colors will help to achieve the perfect balance.
- Lemon Sherbet. An unsaturated and soft shade of yellow with subtle and refreshing greenish tones is equally good in the bedroom and in the living room, friendly to neoclassicism and minimalism. In a word, having decided on such a color of the walls, you can forget about the torment with the selection of shades of furniture and decor.
The color scheme for ceilings in 2023 is not so extensive, but at the same time, there is something interesting in it. For the design of the top, designers offer the following colors:
- white – classic, fresh, neutral and appropriate in absolutely any interior;
- beige – a warm shade to create a cozy atmosphere in the bedroom, as well as in rooms facing north;
- gray is a coldish strict shade, which has become a wonderful solution for spacious rooms and a great background for contrasting bright details;
- black is a provocative solution that creates a sophisticated and mysterious, albeit slightly gloomy atmosphere.
In the coming year, designers again insist on the absence of deep yellow and brown tones in floor coverings – including wood. This time, the list of favorites includes the following colors:
- smoky white and cool beige;
- pale and smoky gray;
- dark gray and ash;
- gray green;
- deep sea blue.
However, such a palette is not an axiom. If you gravitate towards the familiar warm shades, almonds, ceramics, maple and saffron are at your service.
Behr has also found solutions for the exterior of the house and recreation areas in the yard – although, however, they look pretty good in the rooms too. Especially for this, a whole theme was developed called “Escape to Fresh Air”, which presents shades with intriguing names – “welcome green”, “cold dusty”, “maple glaze”, “gray barn”, “euphoric purple” and “midnight blue”.
The palette of fashionable shades for 2023 turned out to be very extensive and encompassing a variety of, including radically opposite solutions. The coming year promises stylish mixes and unexpected combinations for fashionable interiors – and therefore we are preparing to show maximum creativity and create a truly individual and harmonious color environment for ourselves and our loved ones.