Over the past decade, trends in window design have undergone major changes. In fashion houses, apartments and offices, minimalism dominates, as well as loft, Japanese and Scandinavian style, which allows conciseness and restraint to dominate almost uncompromisingly. This approach could not but affect the choice of decor for windows.
Today, when any congestion of space is not welcome, and the purity of lines is elevated to the standard, designers continue to insist on the complete absence of curtains and offer blinds as one of the most relevant alternatives. Comfortable and lightweight window systems allow you to effectively control the natural light in the rooms without any visual noise. However, blinds should not be denied aesthetics: we bring to your attention five trends that can make it easier to choose a design in 2024 – and first of all from a decorative point of view.
When you want to control the intensity of lighting or hide from prying eyes, blinds are one of the simplest and most practical solutions. However, if aesthetics and style are as important to you as functionality, you should completely abandon the banal white planks in the coming year. Designers have already compiled an approximate palette for blinds, which includes the following trendy shades:
- dusty rose;
- light pink;
- dusty blue;
- pale yellow.
Long gone are the days when the choice of material for blinds was quite unambiguous – plastic, only plastic and nothing but plastic. However, this could not last long: here, too, designers joined forces in the fight for environmental friendliness and reasonable consumption and offered a number of window systems made from natural materials, including:
- Wooden – with a natural texture and in noble shades that look incredibly impressive and expensive.
- Linen – canvases of a calm natural color, gathering in neat folds, are equally good for modern minimalism, and for vintage and retro.
- Bamboo – stunning in its natural beauty, roll systems that look favorably in minimalist, eco and Japanese interiors.
Despite the extremely wary attitude towards any volumetric decor, the extraordinary design of blinds is now welcomed by most interior specialists. And if traditional horizontal or vertical lamellas seem boring to you, check out the freshness of the following non-standard options:
- blinds with vertical and horizontal slots “wave”;
- multiimpressive designs using lamellas of various colors from different materials;
- Japanese vertical blinds – single-layer and double-layer with wide fabric elements;
- blinds with photo printing on an individual order.
In an incredibly dynamic lifestyle, every free minute, every movement has a special value. That is why equipping window systems with remote control functions has quickly become a popular solution – and on the eve of 2024, it is recommended to pay special attention to them.
Today, blinds can be controlled both using a switch or remote control, and from a smartphone – or you can integrate the option into the Smart Home system. As for compatibility with various designs, here the automation is universal: horizontal, vertical and even pleated fabric blinds are equipped with an electric drive.
Pleated blinds, which turned out to be among the most popular trends in modern window design, are another achievement in the treasury of caring for the ecology of your own home. Such designs are made of very thick paper or fabric folded in a special way. The material is fixed between two cornices, as a result of which the rise and fall are made according to the accordion principle.
The advantages of pleated panels include ease of installation and operation, safety and naturalness of materials and a huge variety of options. Today, the following types of such blinds are used for interior design:
- classic – systems with a traditional horizontal arrangement of the canvas;
- inclined (attic) – pleated blinds with a special assembly system that prevents the canvases from sagging on obliquely located windows;
- with complex geometry – canvases that regulate lighting and emphasize the beauty of arched, triangular and other windows of an exclusive design.
Also in 2024, pleated floral prints on both pastel and saturated backgrounds promise to become popular – the concept of a “blooming garden” inside continues to excite the imagination of designers.
When choosing blinds for windows, think about how you see this design option. Whether it will be a design that visually dissolves into the surrounding interior or a contrasting and stylish accent – the decision is yours, especially since in 2024 you will have plenty to choose from.